More Than a Progress Pic: What 180+ Likes Taught Me About My New Beginning

 



More Than a Progress Pic: What 180+ Likes Taught Me About My New Beginning

Like most things in this life, it really started off as an accident.  I was trying to get my dog to come and nuzzle with me, and when she wouldn’t, I looked at my phone, and a photo from August 1, 2021, showed up in my history.  In the photo, I was as clean-shaven as I had been since 2009, so not very much; I was rocking my favorite Darth Vader T-shirt.  My journey had started already; I was 80 pounds down or something like that; I can’t really remember. Numbers over a six-year span blend.  



Immediately, I wanted to contrast this photo with my cycle kit photo in full Punisher gear from the week before.  The journey needed to be seen side by side as I felt like it was coming full circle.  Using AI isn’t really my strong suit; people at work made fun of me for it.  I don’t have the patience for it all the time, and when I got a photo, I sort of wanted, it had their logo on the bottom.  That’s not how I roll. I phoned a friend and had Clayton help me out.  



It posted Mid-day on Saturday Eastern, and by the time I logged off last night, I had over 180 likes and countless comments of support.  Well wishes and encouragement came from around the country and across the globe. And that reaction taught me something profound: ego was not the driving force behind the pride I felt with all the likes and well wishes.  Instead, it was a confirmation that I was on the right path.  Many of my faithful readers know I resigned from my job, and my last day was Friday.  I have officially put sales support and deal desk in my rear-view mirror.  Now I am out on my own.  Walking down my path.  How can I not be so excited about what is next.  I spent the entire weekend working on my project.  That is when I was not talking to old friends, working out, or riding.  

For the first time in my life, I believe in what I am doing feels right.  I will get into the project more later as it takes shape.  While there is much I left behind, and certain things I hope continue from my past job, mostly relationships, I know it is my time, Billy b’s time.  I have conceived it; I believe it, and now I will live it.

There was another major decision made this weekend. Some pages turned, and while I don't need to go into all of them just yet, this one is official: 2027 marks my return to the game of triathlon. After a hiatus, I’ve got unfinished business on the tri course.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resignation

Under 300—More Than Just a Number